Saturday, November 17, 2012

Walking on Water When You Feel Like You're Drowning: Finding Hope in Life's Darkest Moments



Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Nov 1, 2012 - 158 pages
What a beautiful book. Seriously. I love reading all sorts of Christian books but this one just had a different feel. The authors open up their personal lives allowing the reader in and making themselves vulnerable by sharing such personal experiences. I write this review from the perspective that I am constantly under stress, anxiety, and am always overwhelmed. I do try to find hope through my relationship with God but as the authors point out in the book through their experiences, God does not always bring about healing using our timeline. This book was a breath of fresh air, gave me hope, encouragement, but most of all I walked away with peace after reading it (and every single time I put it down).
I love the bible and so was overjoyed with the amount of passages I saw in this book. I believe our primary manual for anything should be the bible; therefore, seeing so many passages in this book reassured me that what the authors had to say did not come from their own personal philosophies but came from the word of God.
I would seriously recommend this book not only to those struggling with depression or OCD (two subjects they cover wonderfully), but anyone in need of hope or encouragement whether it be in school, personal lives, etc., get the book, you wont be disappointed.
I actually got this book thinking I could use some pointers to help a loved one suffering major depression. I was expecting I’d get something out of it to help my loved one (and I did) but I was not expecting a blessing for myself as well. Highly recommended. I also want to thank Tyndale publishing for having provided me a copy of this book so that I may be blessed by it in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment