Sunday, January 6, 2013

Awesome Production of an Awesome Story



Les Miserables, Victor Hugo’s masterpiece, a three hour audio drama presented by a Focus on the Family radio theater was truly a five star production. The same day I listened to this complete audio drama (I could not stop after disc 1 or 2, I had to know what happened!) I was curious to see how the movie (currently out in theaters) compared to this production. Put it simply I regret wasting money watching the movie when Focus on the Family radio theater did such an awesome job.

Although I would recommend reading the books first, if you aren't familiar with the story, I do know that most people don’t have the time to read a 1000+ page story so don’t worry the details are filled in and you are never lost within the drama. This audio drama was spectacular to listen to and kept my ears glued till the end. The actors voices were fantastic, the music was beautiful, and hands down I would recommend this audio drama instead of watching the movie.

I had a wonderful time listening to it, and it is something the whole family would enjoy. It’s safe, has a wonderful message, entertaining, and simply it’s a classic story that no matter what age you are or your level of education everyone can enjoy. Thanks to Tyndale for a copy for an honest review of the drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment