Saturday, June 8, 2013

These Are the Days of Elijah: How God Uses Ordinary People to Do Extraordinary Things



Chosen BooksApr 15, 2013 - 189 pages
Spectacular book. These Are The Days Of Elijah by R. T. Kendall took me completely by surprise; I’ve never heard of R. T. Kendall before but love the story of Elijah so I decided to check this book out. It completely exceeded my expectations. I’ve read the story of Elijah for myself dozens of times – not to mention how many times I’ve heard it! But this book has taught me so much more and opened my eyes to so many insights into the story of Elijah.

R. T. Kendall takes the story of Elijah from beginning to the end, breaks it down into 21 chapters, and does a fantastic job offering his insights and years of study on Elijah. Before each chapter begins there is a passage to introduce what the chapter will be about, in almost every occasion I thought to myself  ‘Oh I know where he’s going to go with this’ – I was wrong every time. I am so impressed with Kendall’s wisdom, the simplicity in which he is able to take difficult passages and make them so easy to understand.

Seriously, I loved this book, when I started reading it I couldn't put it down – I would read 50+ pages in one sitting and HIGHLY recommend it. It’s simple, very interesting, and profound.
I want to thank the publisher, Chosen Books, for a copy of this book. I absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment