Friday, November 29, 2013

This Beautiful Mess: Practicing the Presence of the Kingdom of God



Waterbrook MultnomahApr 23, 2009, 192 pages

I was hesitant before picking up this book; I was hesitant because I didn’t imagine I would find anything new between the pages. With a subtitle like ‘Practicing the presence of the kingdom of God’ I thought I knew where Rick McKinley was headed but I thought wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at a fresh look on the Kingdom of God and how our lives here on Earth are intertwined. Simple to read but so deep in meaning. 

Rick McKinley splits the book into 3 parts: Discovering the kingdom, Re-visioning life in the kingdom, and practicing the presence of the kingdom. All 3 parts allow you to discover and probe deeper into what is the kingdom and how do we practice kingdom living here on Earth?

In all honesty practically every time before I picked up the book to read I had been worn out from the days activities. I wasn't in the mood to read, and often, even in a bad mood. But something within the pages of this book lifted my spirits. Every time I found myself spiritually refreshed, encouraged, and motivated. 

I encourage all to read this book. You may be like me and find much comfort and healing within the pages, but you’ll also walk away with a new perspective on God’s kingdom and our purpose here on this Earth.
Thank you to Waterbrook Multnomah for blessing me with this book in exchange for this review. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment