Friday, May 15, 2015

Simplify: Ten Practices to Unclutter Your Soul By: Bill Hybels


Simplify by Bill Hybels is such an important book for today’s society. More and more of us are running around like chickens with our heads cut off, too busy ‘running to and fro’ but missing out on all the important things in life that really matter. Bill Hybels takes a step back and reminds us unclutter our lives in areas such as finances, work, relationships, family, and spend our time meaningfully.
Everyone I know is busy working hard or studying hard. I am a dental student and so hardly have any free time, but whatever time I do have I am reminded by this book to use it wisely. Most importantly I am reminded to spend more time with God. It’s funny how we are never to busy to watch a show, or listen to a music video, but we are waaaaaay to busy to read a chapter or spend 15 minutes in the bible. I am guilty of this fact and frankly everyone I know is too.
Simplify is a simple book to read, there isn’t any deep theology, nowhere to get lost in, but it does bring out a lot of good points and practical advice that can change how you live you life. Only changes for the good await those who read this book and decided to take it to heart.

I want to say thank you to Tyndale for blessing me with this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment